The Importance of the Pressure points for your body
The pressure points of the body are very vital as they can be used for curing a person’s problems or for striking to cause injury or even death of a person as these pressure points are the sensitive areas on the surface of the body. It is seen that stimulation of pressure points also works to relieve pain and assists in massage therapywithout medication to help aid relaxation.Let’s first check out some of the methods of curing certain problems by using pressure points.
Pressure points for Curing:
Knowing Your Body Pressure points can help relieve pain, stress, head ache and emotional imbalance. It is also seen that Chinese acupressure uses pressure points to heal the problems of the body and the mind; pressure points are used to stop or control bleeding. Your pressure points are needed to help calm a nervous stomach.
- Base of your skull pressure point: To find this point you need to place your finger on the base of your skull, move it down at least one finger width and a little to the left and right, at this part you can find a small pillar. If you apply pressure at this point by using your fingers on both sides to relieve swollen eyes, stiff necks, stress, insomnia, over exhaustion, heaviness or pain in the head, eyestrain and sore throats.
- To relieve elbow pain, anxiety, tension, nervous stomach, arm pain, and discomfort in the chest, you need to apply pressure at the point which is inside of both arms at the lower end of your elbow crease, you’ll be able to locate it when your arm is bent and this pressure point is called as Marsh.
- Inner Gate pressure point: this pressure point is used to relieve nausea, palpitations, wrist pain and stress and nervousness and this point is on both arms to locate it you need to turn your arm in a manner that your forearm is facing you. Then place your finger in the middle of your forearm at the base of your hand where your wrist creases, move your fingers up your forearm two finger widths from the wrist crease and apply pressure at this point to get proper relief.
- Shoulder pressure point: This is located in the middle of the shouldersbetween the base of your neck and the outer part of your shoulders. Press your fingers 2 inch below the top of your shoulders which goes down your back. This is a pressure point which helps in relieving nervous tension, stiff necks when you are completely stressed or in the time of hyper tension, it also helps in resistance to cold and flu, improves the function of lungs.
- Eyebrows pressure point: this point is between your eyebrows where the bridge of your nose and your forehead touch, you need to press this point and it will help you in calming your body and relieving your nervousness with immediate effect which you’ll be able to feel for yourself. This can be made as a regular exercise for your nerves.
- Breastbone pressure point: To get relief from hysteria, depression, nervousness, anguish, emotional imbalance, anxiety, chest tension, you need to press the pressure point which is on the center of your Breastbonejust three inch up from the base of the bone as this is very beneficial pressure point in the body.
- Arm pressure point: This point is used usually to get rid of problems like anxiety, forgetfulness,fear, nervousness and emotional imbalance. You need to carefully press the pressure point on both the arms at the tip of the waist on the little finger side of your forearm, do it under the guidance of the expert otherwise it could be harmful.
Note: It is important that you try using the pressure points to cure your ailments or problems only under the guidance of the experts or specialists in this field as using more or improper pressure on these vital pressure points could harm the body or cause injury.
Pressure points for Self Defense:
Pressure points can also be used as part of a self defense strategy. Martial artists, trained body guards and the military make use of these pressure points to stop an attacker, or for self defense. Pressure Point strike can paralyze parts of the body, make you unconsciousness, disrupt organ function, breathing and cause death. Do not intentionally strike a point on another person’s body or your own body unless for self defense only.The points are:
- Temple: A strong blow to this area can cause disorientation or unconsciousness, disorientation, unconsciousness, severe pain, and seizures or even death.
- Base of the Skull: When you strike behind the head on the skull it could cause a mild head ache and pain. But a hard blow would result in unconsciousness and disorientation. The shock from the strike could shake the brain or could dislodge the vertebra or it could even fracture the spiral cord leading to permanent damage.
- Fourth Cervical Vertebra: This part is just below the Base of the skull, a hard strike for self defense in this pressure point could lead to broken bones, paralysis or even death.Third Lumbar Vertebra: It is said that it is not harmful to strike on his back but when you strike hardly on the pressure point on the Third Lumbar Vertebra it could lead to broken bones or paralysis.
- Eyes: Any strike to the eyes will cause serious or permanent injury like the impairment or blindness. Ear: If you strike and it hits the ear then it is sure to cause pain, and will injure the ear and cause loss of balance.
- Nose: a hard strike could distract or cause pain, nose could bleed or if you hit harder it could cause nasal bone fracture.If your hand has hit the up under the nose it could cause distraction and pain but if you hit harder, it would cause cartilage fracture or separation from the bone. The pressure point under the chin, when hit would snap the head back, and a hard blow could cause unconsciousness.
- Throat Hollow:When you hit this pressure point i.e. the hollow of the throat, it can cause high risk of serious injury or even death as this is the place where the trachea is least protected.Forearm Mound: This part when hit would get numb causing pain.
- Larynx: this is just below the jaw, the neck area where a strike can cause extreme pain, choking or grasping, it could also cause permanent injury to the voice box and the person could lose his voice permanently too and a very hard blow could lead to increased possibilities of death.Clavicle: When a person beats on this area it can break the bone or even it could disable the arm.
- Solar Plexus: a strike on this part could cause breathing problems, lead to unconsciousness or it could even increase the chances of damaging the internal organs which are fragile and soft.Radius Bone: A strike on the hand can cause numbness to the hand or lead to broken bones.
- Ribs: If a person strikes or hits hard on the ribs it can disrupt breathing, damage the internal organs or even cause death and if the rib gets fracture, it could rupture the kidney and lead to serious injury.
- Inside the elbow: Hitting here will cause numbness and lead to severe pain as it will bend the arm. But when outside elbow joint it striked or hit hard, then it will cause hyperextension, it could also injure or tear the cartilage making the arm damaged, which would require a surgery to set it right back properly.
- Bridge of the nose: When you strike at the bridge of the nose it can cause severe pain and also could separate the cartilage from the bone leading to self defense.
- Wrist: a heavy strike could cause bone injury but when you trap the wrist with pressure it would break the joint which will cause too much pain.
- Groin: The immediate effect when a person hits you here would be tremendous pain leading to unconsciousness; it could also damage the reproductive organ.
- Inner thigh: the strike in this part could lead to numbness of the leg causing muscular cramping.Knee: a hard hit in this part could lead to dislocation of the bone or fracture. A hit on the ankle or the instep too has the same results.
- Kidney: When you strike a person on this vital organ it can result in internal injury or death of a person.You can also check ou this video to find the pressure points of the neck http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=SHtLlzw5zAE
The front of the head
|1||Top of head|
The front of the body
|1||Center of the torax|
|2||Lower end of sternum|
|4||Center of abdomen|
|6||Center of instep|
|9||Flank pit of waist|
The back of the body
|1||Back of the neck|
|2||(several parts of) backbone|
|3||Outside of upper arm|
|8||Elbow (just below)|
|10||Pit of thumb and first-finger|